Propargyl Alcohol Propoxylate is a condensate of propargyl alcohol and propylene oxide and is one of the most commonly used is used as top brighteners in nickel electroplating baths. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable suppliers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Propargyl Alcohol Propoxylate is an organic compound with the chemical formula C6H10O2. It is the simplest stable alcohol that contains an alkene functional group. It is a high-viscosity, yellow liquid compound that can be mixed with water and most polar organic solvents; In the table below some of the chemical and physical properties of this product are mentioned:
|White to yellowish transparent liquid
|Boiling point(° C)
|Flash Point(° C)
|Well soluble in water
|White to yellowish
|Chemical Structure Depiction
- Used as Nickel plating brightener, leveling agent in Electroplating industry.
- Industrial and scientific research uses.
This chemical is highly toxic and is rapidly absorbed through the skin. It is a flammable liquid and forms an explosive mixture with air. This alcohol is a skin irritant and a strong eye irritant and is toxic in any way.
In the presence of pollutants, especially at high temperatures, steam combustion and explosive reactions can occur. Heating the undiluted form with bases or strong acids should be avoided. Weak acids are used to stabilize propargyl alcohol before distillation.
- Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with water.
- Inhalation: move the person to the fresh air.
- Eye Contact: Rinse eyes with water for several minutes.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Call a poison control center.
Packing and storage:
Store the container tightly closed in a dry, cool, and well-ventilated place. Store it apart from foodstuff containers or incompatible materials.