Poly Aluminum Chloride, with a formula Al2Cl(OH)5, is a highly efficient coagulant with low generation of waste sludge in a wide pH range, even at low temperatures.
The coagulation process has a special place in the purification process. Aluminum sulfate and chlorophyll are the most common primary coagulants used in water purification to remove turbidity. In recent years, poly aluminum chloride, called PAC, has been widely used as a substitute for two old coagulants of aluminum sulfate and chlorophyll. Aluminum chloride has now become one of the most commonly used water purifiers in countries such as the USA, Canada, China, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom. In Iran, many industries have used this substance as a substitute for old coagulants.
This product or aluminum hydride chloride is a composite polymeric mineral whose monomer is a dual-core aluminum complex. PAC is obtained from the reaction of aluminum hydroxide and chloride.
It is provided in both solid and liquid forms. Solid aluminum chloride is a powder or crystalline and has a color from a white to a yellowish yellow in various grades.
PAC is used for several applications including the treatment of drinking water, swimming pool water, wastewater treatment, the treatment of sewage and industrial effluents. It is also used extensively in the pulp and paper processing industry.
The performance of the old coagulants is unstable. Which is done by compressing a double electric layer around the colloidal particle. While PAC performs instability through adsorption at the surface of the colloidal particle and the creation of particle-polymer-particle bond bridges. This mechanism increases the rate of particle instability, resulting in faster particle growth and eventually improved separation.
Aluminum chloride physical and chemical properties
Applications of Poly Aluminum Chloride
1. Polyvinyl chloride has many applications including
3.Sewage and wastewater treatment of chemical plants and oil and petrochemical industries
5.Sewage and wastewater treatment
6. Use in paper and cellulose industry
7. Use in textile, leather and leather industry
Advantages of Using Poly Aluminum Chloride:
1. It is compatible with different temperature range and different areas.
2. It can be used in a wide range of pH (from 5 to 9), and after the process, it reduces the pH and playability of the game.
3. Significantly reduce sludge volume and increase sludge density and density
4.Extreme performance even at low temperatures and cold water
5.Less corrosion, more playability, easier and longer-lasting use without clogging
6. Its performance in low-temperature water, low turbidity, and contamination with heavy organic matter is much better than other flocking
7.A significant decrease in the amount of residual aluminum in treated water to about 0.05-0.05 mg / L.
8. Reduces the purification cost of other floccose by between 80% and 80%.
Poly Aluminium Chloride:
Water treatment grade Poly Aluminium Chloride COA: