Poly aluminum chloride is a very effective inorganic polymeric coagulant which is known by various names such as purification pack, powder pack, hydrated aluminum chloride. This polymer compound is widely used in water and wastewater treatment. And the proportion of other coagulants such as aluminum sulfate, hydrated lime, and ferric chloride, produces less sludge and performs well at low temperatures. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable suppliers of PAC is in the category of water treatment in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Poly aluminum chloride can be produced in two forms, yellow powder, and liquid. Its operating range at pH is approximately 5 to 9. However, the best performance range for this compound is in the neutral range with a pH of 6.5 to 7.5. Its advantages include high purity of the material, molecular weight, and high coagulation properties.
The most important physical and chemical properties of this compound can be summarized in the following table:
|Chemical Name||Poly Aluminum Chloride|
|Chemical formula||Al2Cl (OH)5|
|Molar mass (g/mol)||174.45|
|Appearance||Pale yellow powder|
|odor||Slight chlorine odor|
|Solubility in water||Soluble|
|Other names||Aluminum chlorhydroxide; Aluminium hydroxy chloride; Aluminium Chlorohydrate; PAC|
Types of Poly Aluminum Chloride:
Poly aluminum chloride is divided into two types according to the type of consumption:
Sedimentation of colloidal suspended particles in the process of drinking water treatment.
Flocculation and coagulation of suspended solids in water ultimately cause heaviness and sedimentation of materials in wastewater and effluents.
The Production Method of PAC:
PAC is produced by reducing alumina powder (mineral aluminum) by salt ink at a certain temperature. For this purpose, a certain amount of aluminum hydroxide with hydrochloric acid is poured into the mixer and after mixing, it is introduced into a reactor. In the next step, the resulting compound is sent to the filtration section and the unreacted alumina is removed. The next step is called the formulation tank, and in this step, water is added to the mixture along with certain chemicals to react.
The pack production process is one of the most corrosive chemical production processes, so the main reaction of this process takes place inside a glass reactor. Operating conditions for PAC production are high temperature and high pressure. The reaction between Al (OH) 3 and hydrochloric acid is as follows:
Al(OH)3(s) + HCl (l) → Alm(OH)mCl3n-m
Poly Aluminum Chloride Uses:
- Poly aluminum chloride has unique properties and characteristics. For this reason, it has many applications in various fields and industries. In this section, we will introduce you to some of these applications:
- Water and effluent treatment returned from stone and ceramic tile factories
- Drinking water and municipal wastewater treatment
- Industrial wastewater treatment from production lines of various industries
- In order to regenerate coal from its washing effluent
- In order to prepare the dough in the cellulose and paper industries
- In order to separate in oil and gas and petrochemical industries and fast coagulation of cement in construction industries
- Used in textile, dyeing, mineral, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, metallurgy, leather
- Prevent the formation of micelles in the food industry and catalyst carriers in chemical processes
Poly Aluminum Chloride for Water Treatment:
One of the products used in the water treatment industry of different countries is poly aluminum chloride. This chemical compound can perform a large part of the water treatment process and minimize the need for other chemical additives.
This chemical is used during the flocculation and coagulation process as well as the separation of water from other solids. It can also prevent water turbidity and remove all colloids, which are very small particles with very little weight, from the water and produce clear water.
Advantages of Using PAC in the Paper Industry:
The use of industrial Poly aluminum chloride in the paper industry in the process of sizing and retention through the removal of anionic contaminants, return drinking water treatment and effluent has a great impact. In the sizing process, PAC is used in addition to resins to determine the amount of water adsorption by cellulose molecules in determining the quality of paper to absorb ink and printing.
Other influential factors in paper production include retention, this material is used to control the number of fibers and fillers in the effluent, and also its presence increases the performance of other materials and eliminates unwanted contaminants.
Buy Poly Aluminum Chloride:
For more information on purchasing and ordering this product through the numbers available on the site, please contact our experts in Shanghai Chemex.
- The pack causes damage if swallowed.
- In case of contact with skin, it causes inflammation.
- It will cause severe inflammation and irritation of the eyes.
- If inhaled, it can cause allergies in the respiratory tract.
- Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with water.
- Inhalation: move the person to the fresh air.
- Eye Contact: Rinse eyes with water for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Call a poison control center.
Packing and Storage:
To store poly aluminum chloride, if the amount is high, tanks covered with steel, rubber-coated rubber, or plastic tanks should be used.