Hydrochloric acid (salt ink) is a clear, colorless, and highly odorous solution of hydrogen chloride in water with the chemical formula HCl. It is a highly corrosive and acidic mineral acid with many industrial applications. This acid is widely used because it is one of the basic chemicals. Different concentrations of this acid are used in industries, the most widely used of which can be considered a 37% solution. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable suppliers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties of HCL:
Hydrochloric acid, or HCL, is a very strong mineral acid with a pH of about 2. This acidic substance is colorless and has a very high corrosive power and is a very practical option for scaling; In the table below some of the chemical and physical properties of this product are mentioned:
|odor||Pungent, irritating odor|
|Melting point(° C)||-114.22|
|Boiling Point(° C)||-85.05|
|Solubility||Soluble in water, ethanol, methanol|
|Vapor Pressure(mm Hg)||413.6|
|Chemical Structure Depiction|
Production Process of Hydrochloric Acid:
Hydrochloric acid is prepared by dissolving hydrogen chloride in water. This acid can be produced in a variety of ways, which means that there are many ways to make hydrochloric acid. Industrial methods of production of this material:
This substance can be obtained in many concentrations, but concentrations above 50%, need special conditions to be stable because, in this purity, the amount of evaporation of this acid is very high and requires low temperature and high pressure. For this reason, HCl with a purity of more than 50% is stored in special tanks. Under these conditions, the industrial hydrochloric acid produced is usually between 30 and 35% pure. Of course, lower concentrations are also produced. Concentrations between 20 and 30% are sold under the name of muriatic acid. Concentrations between 10 and 15 percent are also used to clean homes, known as salt ink.
- Production of various chemicals;
- As a chemical reagent in the production of vinyl chloride and plastics PVC, MDI and TDI are used for polyurethane and the synthesis of other organic compounds such as activated carbon, and ascorbic acid. like Zinc stearate
- In the food industry (used as a food additive in the production of gelatin, aspartame, fructose, citric acid, and salt refining);
- Pickling of metals;
- Production of various inorganic compounds;
- Household and industrial cleaners;
- Hydrochloric acid is used to regulate acidity to the purity required by the food, pharmaceutical, and beverage industries.
Does Hydrochloric acid Raise or Lower PH?
Hydrochloric acid can be used to regulate the acidity of solutions. In industries where the purity of products is very important (food, pharmaceuticals, drinking water), high-quality hydrochloric acid is used to control the pH of water flows in processes. Normal quality HCl is sufficient to neutralize effluent flow and control the pH of the swimming pool.
Sales of HCL:
You can contact our experts at Shanghai Chemex for more information on purchasing, price inquiries, and order registration of Hydrochloric acid used in industries.
Hydrochloric Acid Hazards:
- Vapors and droplets of this substance can cause severe irritation, burns, and blindness.
- It can cause severe skin irritation, redness, blisters and pain, burns, and skin injuries.
- It can cause corrosive sores in the mouth, throat, esophagus, and abdomen. Symptoms include difficulty swallowing, thirst, vomiting and nausea, diarrhea, severe injuries, coma, and death.
- The vapors of this substance can cause severe irritation of the nose, sore throat, and cough.
- It does not burn and, in contact with metals, produces hydrogen gas, which when mixed with air can cause an explosion.
- Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with water.
- Inhalation: move the person to the fresh air.
- Eye Contact: Rinse eyes with water for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Call a poison control center.
Packing and Storage:
Keep the container tightly closed in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from incompatible materials.
Do vinegar and salt make hydrochloric acid?
china chemicals –
When vinegar is mixed with salt, the acetic acid in the vinegar reacts with the sodium chloride or salt to produce sodium acetate and hydrochloric acid.