Monosodium phosphate is a chemical with the formula KHPO4 also known as potassium dihydrogen phosphate KDP or monobasic potassium phosphate. It is an inorganic compound that is widely used in many industries the main use of this chemical is as agrochemicals. It is a soluble salt of potassium and the dihydrogen phosphate ion and a source of phosphorus and potassium.
It is also a buffering agent. When used in fertilizer mixtures with urea and ammonium phosphates, it minimizes the escape of ammonia by keeping the pH at a relatively low level. This product is a fertilizer that does not pollute the environment and its use as a fertilizer causes root growth of plants.
physical and chemical properties of monopotassium phosphate
Applications of Monopotassium Phosphate
MKP is being applied to any soil and crop, especially being applied to the treatment of regions of simultaneous lack of phosphorus and potassium nutrients and phosphorus-preferred and potassium-preferred crops. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable manufacturers of this chemical in the world.
It is an important source of nutrition for fruits that are high in sugar.
Potassium dihydrogen phosphate is a rich source of potassium and phosphorus, which is very effective for plant growth. Two elements phosphorus and potassium are needed to supply the nutrients needed to grow plants in any soil. It is particularly used to alleviate the simultaneous deficiency of phosphorus and potassium nutrients in plants.
The aqueous solution of this fertilizer can react with silver nitrate and produce a yellow precipitate of phosphorus dihydrogen phosphorus, which is used in the differential reaction.
Because of the high price of potassium dihydrogen phosphate for agricultural use this product is usually for soaking or root top dressing for application.
In recent years, this fertilizer has become widely used because of its rich source of phosphate and potassium, which are essential for the growth of plants.
Other uses of this material include the following:
- It is used as an additive containing phosphorus in the food industry Used as flavoring, fermenting, buffering, and chelating agents
- It can be used as fertilizer for fertilizing rice, wheat, cotton, tobacco, sugar cane, apples, and other crops. In addition, this product is used in a variety of soils with different characteristics and is used to grow all kinds of plants.
- It is used as a buffering agent in chromatography and pharmaceuticals
- Used as the raw material for the manufacture of potassium metaphosphate
- Used as feed nutritional supplements; As a quality improver, it has effects of improving the complexation metal ions and pH value, increasing the ionic strength of food, and thus improving the adhesion and water holding capacity of food.