LABSA or linear alkylbenzene sulfonic acid is a group of anionic surfactants and consists of a hydrophilic sulfonate group and a hydrophobic alkyl benzene group. This compound is compatible with a wide range of anionic, cationic, and amphoteric surfactants and is a very effective intermediate surfactant in various fields. Sulfonic acid is the cheapest and most widely used surfactant used in the powder and liquid detergent industries. This substance is in the category of Detergent of Shanghai Chemex group Ltd.
Physical and Chemical Properties of LABSA:
Linear alkyl benzene sulfonic acid (LABSA) is an organic compound known as sulfonic acid and is a thick, brown liquid with an acidic appearance. The distinctive feature of this acid is its high strength and it is also used as a catalyst. LABSA has a lipophilic property and removes strong stains and fats. Due to its high acidic strength, it is also used to clean surfaces; The most important physical and chemical properties of this material can be summarized in the following table:
|Molecular weight (g/mol)||326.49|
|Boiling point (°C)||315|
|Melting point (°C)||10|
|Solubility||Soluble in water and organic solvents|
|Chemical Structure Depiction
Synthesis and Production of LABSA:
To produce this acid, the linear alkyl benzene sulfonation method is usually used and its ingredients are linear alkyl benzene, oxygen, and sulfur. When performing this reaction, to produce this substance, safety precautions must be fully observed and the production site (factory or laboratory) must have strong ventilation and be appropriate.
Sulfonic Acid Uses:
- The most important uses of this acid are its use in the production of detergents and its consumption in the formulation of these materials. This substance is used as a foaming agent in the formulation of many detergent products, household detergents, washing powders, liquid soap, and solid soap. like Benzalkonium chloride
- LABSA is also used in the paint industry, most of the washable dyes are either sulfonic acid or have sulfonyl agents in their structure.
- It is used in the pharmaceutical industry as an important and practical factor. For example, they play an important role in the production of antibacterial drugs and infection control drugs.
- It is used in the production of batteries.
Buy Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulfonic Acid(LABSA):
Shanghai Chemex is one of the suppliers of sulfonic acid in China. In addition to its detergent and hygiene products, this collection also produces and markets some chemicals and industries. Contact our experts to buy this product at the best price.
This substance is one of the relatively dangerous organic acids. For this reason, we have told you the following tips so that you are more aware of this and act with more complete information and more caution:
- Eye contact can cause severe eye irritation. In the event of such an accident, keep your eyes open and rinse with lukewarm water for 15 minutes.
- Also, if the skin of your hand comes in contact with sulfonic acid, wash the contact area immediately with plenty of soap and water and go to a medical center as soon as possible.
- Inhalation of its vapors stimulates the respiratory system, so the injured person is transported to the open air and if the breathing problem persists, the oxygen device should be connected.
- If any of this material is spilled on the ground and spread in the warehouse environment, collect it immediately and transport it to the chemical waste collection site. First, collect the waste using gloves and mix it with neutralizing agents.
Packing and Storage:
Store packages containing sulfonic acid in sealed containers, dry and cool, well ventilated, and away from sources of heat, and sparks. Close the lid of the container or barrel firmly and carefully after each use to prevent sulfonic acid vapors from entering the ambient air.