EDTA 2NA or disodium ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid is a chemical composition. it is a combination of EDTA and sodium. Its appearance is white crystalline solid and C10H14N2Na2O8 is the chemical formula of this material. This salt has good solubility in water and plays a key role as a lime solvent.
ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid is a widely used substance in various industries, it was discovered in 1935 by a man named Ferdinand. This chemical composition is mainly used to separate metal ions in aqueous solutions. The chemical structure of EDTA 2Na is shown in the following figure:
In some polymerization reactions, such as the production of butyl benzene rubber, it can be used to control the rate of polymerization. The chemical structure of this substance allows it to act as a chelating agent, which means it can take on other molecules like a claw. For example, it sticks to calcium or absorbs other metals such as lead.
This substance is in the category of industrial chemical of Shanghai Chemex Company.
Today, it is widely used in various industries, especially in medical applications. For example, it is sometimes prescribed by doctors to purify the blood of some toxic metals such as lead.
In some cases, it can have a very beneficial effect on anti-cancer drugs. Other uses include its positive effects in the treatment of diabetes and Alzheimer’s or heart disease. In the following, we will describe the use of diamine tetraacetic acid in more detail.
similar product: potassium chloride
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF EDTA 2Na:
As mentioned, this salt has good solubility in water and the most important physical and chemical properties of this material can be summarized in the following table:
|Full Name||disodium ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid|
|Molecular weight (g/mol)||336.21|
|Density (g/mL at 25°C)||1.01|
|Melting point (°C)||250|
|Boiling point (°C)||614.2|
|Solubility||Completely soluble in water|
Synthesis and production:
The production of EDTA 2Na was first achieved by two substances, ethylenediamine and chloroacetic acid, and the reaction between these materials, and nowadays, the production process of this product expanded day by day. It is obtained that it is converted to an acidic form during a special process, and by adding sodium to this compound we can produce disodium ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid or Edetic Acid.
A minor part of the production process of this product can be explained schematically with the following two reactions:
APPLICATIONS AND USES of EDTA 2Na:
This salt is used in a wide range of different industries, which are described below:
- As mentioned, ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid is used to separate metal ions in aqueous solutions, for example in the textile industry, this material is used so that metal ions on the fabric do not change its color and the effect of these impurities is neutralized.
- EDTA 2Na is also used in medicine and dentistry. For example, this acid can prevent blood clots and can be used as an anticoagulant. In some surgeries, especially eye surgery, it prevents the growth of bacteria and reduces the number of bacteria during the operation.
- This chemical composition binds to minerals and blood metals and excretes them, in case of lead poisoning or for people who are exposed to work with lead, consume a small amount of it about a few grams during the day, which helps significantly reduce the amount of lead in the blood.
- This salt has Used in dentistry to isolate calcium channels.
- In the cosmetics industry, it can play a role in increasing the effectiveness and impact of products on the skin and it is used in the production of creams, oils, and hair care products.
- In the detergent industry, it can have a positive effect and play a stabilizing role, so it is used in the formulation of detergent and bleach products.
- In the paper industry, it prevents the function of metal ions.
- This composition Used in agriculture and chemical fertilizers.
EDTA 2Na decomposes slowly and has a long life, it can cause environmental problems.
It is better to observe all health and safety points when you are working with this material and to use special clothes and gloves as much as possible. Consumption of high concentrations of it may lead to anemia, fever, and chills, and inhalation of this substance in high concentrations may cause headaches and dizziness.
Transporting and storage:
Use suitable packages to store these materials and its storage place should be a cool and dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable chemical suppliers of raw materials in the world, contact us for your order and supply of chemicals.
EDTA 2NA CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS AND MSDS:
CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS: MSDS: