Sodium Metasilicate pentahydrate is an ionic compound consisting of sodium cations and polymeric anions of metasilicate and is a type of silicic acid salt that is classified as an inorganic product. This compound prevents corrosion of metals and can replace sodium tripolyphosphate in the production of detergents and cleaners of metals and also reduces environmental pollution caused by trisodium triphosphate. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable suppliers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Sodium metasilicate is a colorless or white crystal that is soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol. This compound can be synthesized with varying degrees of hydration, it is highly alkaline and is produced by combining sodium carbonate with silicon dioxide; The most important physical and chemical properties of this compound can be summarized in the following table:
|Molar mass (g/mol)||212.14|
|Melting Point (° C)||72.2|
|Solubility in water (g/100 ml at 25 °C)||22.2|
|Solubility||insoluble in alcohol|
|color||Colorless or white|
|Chemical Structure Depiction|
Sodium Metasilicate Production Process:
This compound is the most stable sodium silicate available, which is produced by mixing sodium carbonate with silicon dioxide or silica sand at a temperature of 1400 ° C and is available in two forms: solid (powder or granule) and solution.
Sodium Metasilicate Uses:
Sodium Metasilicate Pentahydrate is widely used in detergents industries, ceramics, plating, textile, printing, paper making, concrete, cement, oils, leather processing, and many other industrial fields.
- Hydrates of this substance are used in the soap industry to strengthen and maintain the efficiency of products against water hardness. This means that the soap foams easily in the water.
- This compound is used in cosmetics, especially in the production of oxidants.
- Used in the cement industry for the rapid reaction of cement with water.
- This inorganic salt is used to extract minerals from rocks.
- In the paper industry, this product is used to remove impurities from raw paper pulp.
- This compound is also used in the production of fungicides, insecticides, and antimicrobial compounds.
What is the Purpose of Adding Sodium Metasilicate Pentahydrate to the Detergent?
Sodium Metasilicate pentahydrate is a very important component in liquid and powder detergents for specialized and industrial uses. The high buffering capacity of this material, its stabilizing effect on the bleaching process, its protective properties against corrosion, its hard bonding capacity, and its ability to retain dirt in the suspension, have made Sodium metasilicate a versatile and essential material in detergent formulations. This product is especially suitable for cleaning hard surfaces and specialized industrial detergents.
Sodium Metasilicate Pentahydrate sales:
To provide the above product with the best price and information about the inventory of this product, you can contact our experts in Shanghai Chemex through the communication channels available on the site.
Sodium metasilicate is considered by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be an indirect food additive that can enter the human body through washing or disinfecting fruits and vegetables and using a variety of detergents.
Swallowing, inhaling, and coming into contact with this compound is dangerous and highly irritating to humans. Relevant workers should use appropriate safety equipment such as masks, goggles, appropriate safety clothing, and gloves before any access and transportation.
- Eye Contact: In case of contact with the eyes, immediately flush the eyes with plenty of water.
- Skin Contact: Remove this material from the skin with plenty of soap and water.
- Inhalation: Remove to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Call a poison control center.
Packing and Storage:
Store in a cool, well-ventilated away from food, drink, and animal feedingstuffs.