Folic acid or folate is one form of water-soluble vitamin B that is naturally present in many foods. Leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and lettuce are rich in this substance. The other sources of folic acid are fruits, beans, yeast, mushrooms, meat, orange juice, and tomato juice. One of the effects of this substance on the body is to help produce new cells as well as prevent DNA change that may lead to cancer. It has been added to cereals, flour, bread, pasta, bakery, biscuits, and crackers since 1998 under federal law. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable manufacturers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
The best sources of folic acid are fortified cereals. it is found naturally in dark green leafy vegetables and citrus fruits. The most common of these is monohydrate, which appears pale pink; Some of the properties and characteristics of this material are listed in the table below:
Folic Acid Uses:
- Folic acid helps the proper growth of the human body. It plays an important role in the production of DNA and many other functions of the body. As a medication, it is used to treat folic acid deficiency and certain types of anemia (lack of red blood cells), and Intestinal inability to properly absorb nutrients due to deficiency of this substance.
- It is used in the pharmaceutical industry like isopropyl alcohol to treat some diseases caused by this vitamin deficiency, such as. Ulcerative colitis, liver disease, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.
- Other medicinal uses of this substance can be used for pregnant women to prevent miscarriage and prevent neural tube defects. It is also used to prevent colon or cervical cancer.
- It is also used to prevent heart disease and stroke and to lower the level of a chemical called homocysteine in the blood. High levels of homocysteine can be dangerous for heart disease.
- It is also used in the treatment and control of Alzheimer’s, hearing loss, bone weakness, jumpy legs, depression, AIDS, etc.
- It is also used to reduce harmful side effects in the treatment of diseases using lomethrexol and methotrexate.
- Some people apply folic acid directly to the gum to treat gum infections.
- It is also often used in combination with B vitamins.
- Overdose symptoms may include numbness or tingling, mouth or tongue pain, weakness, tired feeling confusion, or trouble concentrating.
There are no reviews yet.