TMQ antioxidant or RD antioxidant is one of the most important antioxidants for all types of synthetic and natural tires and is used to protect the NBR from oxygen degradation at high temperatures. This antioxidant is very stable and has the least effect on the cooking process. This compound changes color only slightly and does not cause stains during contact. For this reason, it is widely used as a rubber additive.
This product is one of the best types of ammonia antioxidants. It is especially suitable for radial wired and semi-wired tires and is used to make different types of tires, rubber tubes, shoe tires, general industrial products, and emulsion products. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable suppliers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
TMQ Antioxidant is a low molecular weight polymer that appears brown or amber. It is soluble in benzene, acetone, and other organic solvents but insoluble in water. It is slightly soluble in petroleum hydrocarbons. It has low toxicity and pollution. You should note that this product is combustible. Therefore, do not expose it to fire or moisture during storage and transportation; In the table below some of the chemical and physical properties of this product are mentioned:
|Molecular Weight (g/Mol)||175.27|
|Melting point (° C)||72-94|
|Boiling point (°C)||324.4|
|Solubility||Soluble in benzene, carbon bisulfide, acetone, chloroform
Insoluble in water
|Vapor Pressure (mm Hg at 25°C)||0.000262|
|Color||Brown or Amber|
|Chemical Structure Depiction|
Synthesis of TMQ Antioxidant:
The catalytic synthesis process of TMQ:
Aniline and acetone antioxidants are considered raw materials, it also uses an acidic resin as a catalyst. First once add aniline, part acetone in the reactor, Then add the acid resin and stir, and stop heating when the reactor is heated to 90-94.9 ℃ of temperature. The remaining amount of acetone is then added to the reactor at 90 to 150 ° After adding acetone, the process was completed after 5-15 hours. The process continues for 2 hours. Then add a mass concentration of 30% sodium hydroxide solution to the reactor. The reaction temperature remains constant at 70 to 80 ° C and the reaction mixture is stirred continuously for 30 minutes. After one hour, aniline is detailed at normal pressure at 28 to 60 ° C to produce TMQ antioxidants.
TMQ Antioxidants Uses:
- The use of TMQ in combination with 6PPD antioxidants in natural tires and synthetic tires increases the resistance to aging at high temperatures.
- This antioxidant has a strong inhibitory effect against the oxidation of metal catalysts.
- TMQ is widely used in the manufacture of motorcycles births, bicycle births, rubber, plastic, adhesive tape, wires, cables, and other rubber products.
- This antioxidant can be used as a stabilizer for isoprene rubber, polybutadiene rubber, and styrene-butadiene rubber.
Buy TMQ Antioxidants:
As we mentioned, TMQ is used not only in the rubber industry but also in many other industries and manufacturing-related products. To buy this product at the best price and with quality assurance, please contact our experts in Shanghai Chemex.
- The product is highly combustible.
- May be harmful if inhaled. Symptoms can include soreness of the throat, coughing, and sneezing.
- Harmful if swallowed
- Repeated or prolonged skin contact may cause an allergic reaction in susceptible persons.
- It May cause eye irritation. Symptoms include swelling and redness.
- It is Very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects.
- Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with water.
- Inhalation: move the person into the fresh air.
- Eye Contact: Rinse eyes with water for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Call a poison control center.
Packing and Storage:
This antioxidant should be stored in a tightly-closed container in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from combustible sources.
There are no reviews yet.