Diammonium phosphate, or DAP, is a set of water-soluble ammonium phosphate salts that can be produced when ammonia reacts with phosphoric acid. This fertilizer includes 18% of nitrogen and 46% of phosphorus pentoxide. It is mainly procured in granular shape for direct application as a fertilizer for plants or for mixing with other fertilizers. Shanghai Chemex is one of the most reputable manufacturers of this chemical in the world.
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Diammonium phosphate is available in the form of gray, black, or white crystals. This material dissolves easily in water and can be said to have been used by gardeners and farmers since 1960 to remove the phosphorus required by the plant. The chemical formula of this compound is (NH4)2HPO4 and when dissolved in water, it can release NH4 + and H2PO4 ions into the soil; The most important physical and chemical properties of this compound can be summarized in the following table:
|Taste||Saline, cooling taste|
|Melting point (° C)||155|
|Solubility||Soluble in water;
Insoluble in alcohol, acetone, and liquid ammonia
|Synonyms||ammonium mono hydrogen phosphate, ammonium hydrogen phosphate, ammonium phosphate dibasic|
|Chemical Structure Depiction|
The Production Process of Diammonium Phosphate:
This compound is produced in a controlled reaction from the combination of phosphoric acid with ammonia and is granulated and screened after cooling. It should be noted that the granulation process of this material occurs at a temperature of 85 ° C.
Diammonium Phosphate Uses:
- Diammonium phosphate fertilizer and DAP compounds are used in a wide range of arable crops, cereals, sugarcane, pastures, forage crops as well as horticultural crops. Like vegetables and fruits.
- This fertilizer has an effective role in improving plant yield, including plant growth, flower uniformity, increasing plant resistance to cold, and increasing production in crops and orchards, and can be used at any stage of plant growth.
- Nitrogen in this fertilizer causes soil acidity to remain normal and this increases and improves the absorption of other beneficial elements in the plant.
- DAP acts as a fire retardant. This material reduces the combustion temperature of the material. For example, a mixture of DAP and other materials can be spread before a fire to prevent forest burning. Once the fire hazard is eliminated, it becomes a food source. Diammonium phosphate is the largest component of some of the most popular commercial firefighting products.
- Used as a flux for soldering tin, copper, zinc, and brass.
- Use it as a fire retardant in wooden building materials, paper, and fabric products.
- Due to the increase in the properties of food products for animals, this substance is used as a food additive.
What are the Benefits of Diammonium Phosphate Fertilizer?
An adequate amount of nitrogen and phosphorus in this fertilizer increases the resistance of plants to adverse environmental factors (drought and frost) and also increases the resistance of plants to disease. In addition, the high amount of phosphorus in the accumulation of sugar in root and fruit products helps. Consumption of this substance in spring and summer to accelerate the ripening of fruits and berries is very popular.
The Global Market for Diammonium Phosphate:
China was the leader in the production of diammonium phosphate and mono ammonium phosphate in 2016 with 38% and 46% of total world production, respectively. It is predicted that by 2023, the market for this product will grow with a slope of about 2.3%. China is also the largest consumer of the chemical, accounting for 37% of world consumption in 2016, followed by Southwest Asia, the United States, and Central and South America. Consumption growth was highest in Central and South America, Eastern Europe, and Africa, and is projected to increase by 4.5%, 3.5%, and 3% annually.
Buy Diammonium Phosphate:
Contact our experts at Shanghai Chemex to purchase diammonium phosphate fertilizers and other agricultural fertilizers, as well as to find out prices and place an order.
Handling and Storage:
Diammonium phosphate tends to absorb moisture both in storage and on the farm, so it should be stored in a dry, moisture-free place.